Thursday, September 7, 2017

RCT 1 - Katie's Dreamworld

Katie’s Dreamworld

The second scenario that requires a park value objective instead of guests. Strangely, it requires a lower target than the previous park value scenario, diamond heights. This park is a bit smaller than Diamond Heights and you start with fewer attractions, but this park still can’t be considered more difficulty than diamond heights, which is not a challenging park to begin with once you understand park value.

One nasty surprise about this scenario is the weather. When you start this scenario, it’s 13°C/55°F instead of the regular 17°C/62°F, according to the RCT wiki, that means it rains more often. And guests don’t ride attractions in the rain except for underground/covered ones (and most aren’t.). Which might hit your finances.

You start with no food stall, like in diamond heights, so that needs to be researched first.then , As usual, I started researching roller coasters and then thrill rides. I also like to have balloons to sell to my guests to fill the sky with balloons of different color when the scenario is won, so I always find some time to research some more stalls. After I have a balloon stall and all rollercoasters and thrill rides, I researched (boring) gentle rides till the end.

Like in Forest Frontiers, Dynamite Dunes andLeafy Lake, you can buy some extra land here. I did buy a few extra lands to finalize a coaster, just like I had to in Leafy Lake(not that I mentioned that in the Leaft Lake post) but I don’t like buying lots of lands, so I try to not buy more than necessary. I kept all attractions except the miniature railway, as it blocked acces way to often. (The storm didn’t crash). This park is based on Lightwater Valley.



Goal: 15.000 Park Value by year 3
Difficulty: Easy
Final guests: 1766
Park Value: €47.000 (new record, 2.000 more than in Diamond Heights)
Company Value:  €124.000

No comments:

Post a Comment